Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reunion 2010

The reunion for 2010 has come and gone. But I believe we all had a good time. The trip to Lazy 5 was so much fun. The animals were amazing and came right up to the wagon to get food. There were some mighty big horns, mouths and tongues on those animals; everthing from rheas to water buffalo.

Gary's barbeque drew a crowd of about 30 and was the best time to catch up with everyone. I think we consumed about 3 pigs.

The luncheon was well attended with over 80 people there; the largest number we've had in a while. The table groaned from all the food and so did most of the people by the time they consumed their second desert.

Stephanie Bell Burke amazed us all with her miraculous artistic rendering of Jesus.  I'm looking forward to her presentation for St. Paul's that I won.

The children made a wonderful presentation of Bears in honor of our name. They were just darling, thanks Jennifer Bell, Nicole McConnell and Rachel Burke; and especially all the Bearnhardt Bear Cubs.
I didn't make it to the museum on Sunday afternoon so I can't tell you how many went but I think a number did.

Plans for next year are already underway and will be published on the reunion tab as soon as I receive any information.

It was great to see everyone, and if you missed it please mark your calendar for next year and plan to attend. Once again we will have special activities for the children, a family event on Saturday, the lunch on Sunday with entertainment and the Family Home Place will be open on Sunday afternoon. Hope to see you then. 

In the meantime keep in touch through the blog. Please let me know of any news or any family stories that can be shared.

Karen

No comments: